Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

And the Oscar Goes To...

I like movies. Well, most movies. OK, more like some movies (ever seen Darkness Falls? It's about the vengeful murdering spirit of the Tooth Fairy. It, uh, doesn't make my list.) But I digress.

In the spirit of remaining hip and cool and "up with currents events", I am doing a post based on the ostensibly "hip and cool" Academy Awards last night. No, I'm not going to talk about James Franco's apparent revival of his Pineapple Express role while "hosting" the ceremony. Nor will I discuss the use of a certain four letter word when describing the difficulty of an acceptance speech (though it probably is "really [thank god we're on time-delay] hard."). I'm not even going to effervesce about Scarlett Johansson (though I could at length.)

I am instead going to highlight a couple of our student films. Did they make it to the Oscars? No (snubbed by the Academy again...). But everyone starts somewhere, and our program is a fantastic point of Inception (see what I did there?). We offer small classes (<17 students per class on average), state of the art editing and film equipment (including a green screen studio), faculty with real working experience in the industry, internship programs, and the ability to start working on films right off the bat. In other words, it's awesome--whether you want to stay all four years in our intimate program, or transfer after two years (USC and Chapman are two of our top transfer destinations).

See the films after the jump. 


So, now, for your consideration:

Jessica Workman's On The Line - A Drag Racing Documentary


Wes Brown and Jeff Peterman's Tumbleweed


Tumbleweed from Jeff Peterman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment