That is the reason that we created our WIAD (Walk-In Application Day) events: Waiting sucks--especially when you're waiting on your admission decision.
The reason we named the event WIAD, however, remains a mystery (perhaps because "Why-Add" sounds cooler than "WIDD...").
You see, this is how the event works:
- You submit your application online, from home (or a library, internet cafe, via wireless stolen from your neighbors--basically anywhere that isn't on our campus), sometime before you "walk-in" to our office.
[See? The name is kind of a poor description of the day. But this is where the good stuff starts.]
- You RSVP for WIAD this Friday (or just "walk-in")
- When you arrive, you hand us your transcript(s) and anything you want us to consider when making an admission decision.
- You go on a student-led tour of our campus.
- You return, and help yourself to our tasty array of snacks.
- We call you into our office, and you'll meet with one of our Assistant Directors of Admission.
- They will tell you if you've been admitted.
[If you haven't, they'll give you tips about how to improve your chances and give you another shot at it.]
- They'll award you an academic scholarship (if you qualify).
- You'll walk out, happy that you know at least one college's decision.
Easy, peasy, right? Now, if only we could get the name right...
Anyway, if you don't like waiting for stuff, I invite you to attend this Friday, 11/30, from 9am-5pm. RSVP here.