Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Marymount College Has Pre-Med!

I should have listened to my parents. "Go to med school," they said. "There is always demand for healthcare."
 
But I knew better, of course. So I went off and got a degree in creative writing. I wanted to learn critical thinking and analyze works by some of the greatest minds of all time. I wanted to create something that would be a lasting legacy. I wanted to avoid calculus at all costs.
 
I accomplished all of this, but the fact remains that in terms of remuneration (See, Dad? I did learn something in college), the ability to operate on a living brain beats out free-verse poetry nearly every time. After all, you rarely hear: "We need a writer, stat!" or "Is there a writer in the house?!" or "The timely intervention of the talented writer saved my life."
 
Still, though I will likely scrape by on a diet of ramen noodles and unfulfilled dreams for the rest of my life, I am very proud of my liberal arts background and feel that I received an education that ideally emphasized my strengths (And my parents are proud that at one point they saw me don a lab coat for an acting role, so everyone is at least somewhat happy). But, if only there had been some way to get both: a personalized education and a lucrative career saving people's lives—a way, essentially, to become Michael Crichton... 


Well, now there is. Marymount College is proud to announce our new Biomedical Sciences concentration within our Liberal Arts Bachelor's degree. That right. You can get all the benefits of a Liberal Arts education while fulfilling the requirements for med-school. Not only that, but you can also combine the concentration with Business, Arts and Media, Psychology, American Studies, or Global studies. In other words, you can get your cake, eat it too, and then measure your own Body Mass Index afterward. The jealousy burns!
 
It's also a fantastic choice for students who are interested in:
  • Forensic Science
  • Psychiatry/"Psycho-biology"
  • Sports Medicine
  • Pharmacy
  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Physiology
  • Kinesiology
  • Dentistry
  • Veterinary Medicine
  • Making money
So what are you waiting for? Apply now and make your parents [and mine] proud!

(Yes, you can still apply for Fall 2011. Especially if you're a transfer student.) 


Are you interested in Biomedical Sciences? Tell us your career goals below for a chance to have your application fee waived!

No comments:

Post a Comment